Margaritas with tequilas are commonly found, now it is time to beat this scorching summer heat with some icy cool vodka margaritas. Follow these super easy recipes with various twist and turns of flavors to spend your leisure time at its best.
- Tips for making the perfect vodka margarita
- VODKA MARGARITA RECIPES:
- Classic Vodka Margarita:
- Creamsicle Margaritas:
- Beer Margarita:
- Pineapple Margarita:
- Kamikaze Cocktail:
- MAGICAL COLOR CHANGING MARGARITA:
- JALAPENO MARGARITAS
- Coconut Vodka Martini:
Tips for making the perfect vodka margarita
A margarita is famously known to be a shaken cocktail. The technique while making the vodka margarita is very important as you need to make sure that the spirit and liqueur are well combined with the citrus. Second most important thing is to properly aerate the cocktail. While aerating the cocktail make sure that you do not over-dilute your drink as it can lose the flavors. Third, if you have a best margarita machine , it makes the process a lot easier.
A class margarita is well known of having a layer of salt covered on the rim of its glass. In order to suit the taste of both the type of people i.e. one who prefers salt and one who do not, it is recommended to cover only half part of the rim with salt.
The classic margarita is sweetened using an orange-based liqueur, such as a triple sec or curacao. Cointreau is perhaps the most famous of these and most commonly used. However, so long as your liqueur uses fresh ingredients rather than artificial flavourings, you need not to worry about sweet taste.
The fresher is the lime; the better will be your drink. Old stale lime can end up your drink in a sugary mess.
VODKA MARGARITA RECIPES:
Classic Vodka Margarita:
- 3 oz vodka
- 1/4 lime – fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz Rose’s Lime Juice
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- Combine in shaker.
- Pour over ice
- Salt rim optional.
- 1 1/2 oz tito’s handmade vodka
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a glass over ice or into a martini glass.
- For a spicy kick, add three jalapeño slices to the shaker.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
- Salt rim optional.
- 1 part tequila
- 1 part whipped vodka
- 1/2 part triple sec
- 5 parts orange juice
- Splash of lime juice
- Kosher salt for rimming glass
- Optional lime and orange wedges for garnish
- Rim glass with kosher salt.
- In a pitcher or glass (depending on how much you wish to make), stir tequila, whipped vodka, triple sec, orange juice and lime juice. Serve over ice. Garnish with lime and orange wedges, if desired.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 8 fluid ounces vodka
- 3 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- Empty lemonade concentrate into pitcher (do not add water!).
- Pour in vodka and beer.
- Serve over ice.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 fluid ounces lemon juice – or lime juice
- 2 fluid ounces tequila or vodka
- 5 ounces ice cubes
- 7 ounces frozen pineapple – – cubed
- salt or sugar
- Prepare the glasses to use by running a slice of lemon around the rim of the glasses, and then tip them upside-down in a saucer filled with salt or sugar. Set aside.
- Using a blender or a stab mixer, mix together sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vodka, ice and pineapple and pulse until ice and pineapple are finely crushed.
- Pour into prepared glasses and enjoy
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice (fresh)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- Garnish: lime wedge
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, pour the vodka, lime juice, and triple sec.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Serve and enjoy.
MAGICAL COLOR CHANGING MARGARITA:
- 2 oz Butterfly Pea Flower Infused vodka
- 1 oz lime juice
- 75 oz triple sec
- 5 oz simple syrup optional, for a sweeter drink
Make Butterfly Pea Infused Tequila
To make Butterfly Pea Flower infused vodka, add the vodka and butterfly pea flowers for a jar with a tight fitting lid. Allow to soak for 2-3 hours or overnight. Strain out flowers and keep in a sealed container. Batch will make 4 drinks.
To make colour changing margarita
Run a slice of lime around the rim of the glass, dip in salt (optional). Fill the glass with ice, add the butterfly pea infused tequila.
In a cocktail shaker, add the lime juice, triple sec, and simple syrup if using. Shake until combined and chilled. Slowly pour into the glass, and watch the magic happen. Drink will turn from blue to purple. Stir to fully combine before drinking. Garnish with a lime if desired.
- 21 ounces Tito’s vodka or tequila
- 14 ounces triple sec
- 14 ounces fresh lime juice from about 20 limes
- 14 ounces water
- 4 ounces simple syrup (1/2 cup water, ½ cup sugar)
- 2 jalapenos
- Fresh limes for serving
- Kosher salt for glass
- Combine all ingredients, except jalapenos in a large pitcher and stir to combine. Slice the ends off each jalapeno and place in the pitcher. Let mixture sit at least 24 hours before serving, the longer the better.
- Prepare margarita glasses with salt rims and fill with ice. Pour Jalapeno Margarita over ice and garnish with lime or a jalapeno slice and enjoy.
Coconut Vodka Martini:
- 2 oz coconut vodka
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 squeeze lime juice
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 pinch nutmeg fresh ground, go easy
- sugar for rimming glass optional
- 1 wedge pineapple
TO RIM MARTINI GLASS WITH SUGAR
- Pour sugar onto a plate or tray larger than the martini glass rim. Wet the rim of the martini glass by running the pineapple garnish around the rim.
- Dip and roll the martini glass rim in the sugar.
- Place pineapple garnish.
TO MIX THE MARTINI
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- In this order add coconut vodka, pineapple juice, and then lime juice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Add bitters and stir gently.
- Strain into prepared martini glass.